Full screen not wanted

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new laptop w/Win 10. One of my programs opened in minimized form as I wanted. Now it only opens in full screen. I had made some adjustments in settings - this could be the issue. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Ron,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you right-click on the programs executable and select Properties, then select the Shortcut tab you ought to be able to use a drop menu in the Run field to select Minimized.

Sample image

minimized.png

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Win is still a bewilderment to me - I don't know how to access the executable for this program. Can you give me some guidance here?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Type the program name in your search box.

In search results, right-click on the program and select open file location (or More > open file location)

Now right-click on the program in the location you were taken to and select properties

Select the shortcut tab

Use the drop arrow to select Minimize

If that does not work, then via File Explorer navigate to either:
  • C:\Program Files, or
  • C:\Program Files (x86)
Then search for a folder that contains your program, locate the exe and do as instructed re properties.​

Reaction score
Well, I went through that and checked "minimized" but it didn't change anything when I closed and re-opened it. Thanks for your counsel - the program is Solitaire XP and I'll just play it with full screen.

Regedit32

Reaction score
OK, then try this attached copy of Classic XP Solitaire.
  • Download, wherever you like.
  • Scan with anti virus program you use
  • Extract
  • Run the Solitaire.exe
Ought to open in minimized mode.​

Attachments

• solitaire.zip
    403.3 KB · Views: 235

Ask a Question