Game always asks to "Make changes to this PC" every time I run it.

Reaction score
So I have Genshin downloaded on my PC but EVERY single time I run it, the default UAC prompt comes up. This only happens for this app, none of my other games. It's also the only app that has the little blue & yellow shield icon on it. I play nearly every day so tbh it's a little irritating to so it every time.
If anyone has a similar problem or knows how to get rid of the prompt (only for Genshin, not for everything), please let me know!

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has responded to this yet...?

The shield icon is consistent with the behavior you report -- it indicates that the "run as administrator" property has been enabled for this app. Presumably, there's no reason for this. Right-click the app, get into Properties, and turn that checkbox off, and it should end your UAC messages.

Reaction score
I have the same problem with a app called Net Surveillance Web Plugin.
It lets me see my security camera on a web page.
I am using Windows 11 and Edge.
Every time the computer starts up, I get the blue and yellow shield (UAC).
Net Surveillance is an old plugin, 2009 - 2011.
I assumed it was the UAC but cannot find the exe program to change the settings.
Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
At the time the UAC popup is on the screen, before answering it, check the menu bar for the exe's icon. You can set the properties right from that icon. You can also find its pathname in those properties if you end up needing it.

Reaction score
Finally I saw someone with the same problem as me
Also its happening with Red Dead Redemption 2

Ask a Question