Gamehouse Games

Reaction score
Since downloading Windows 10 cannot get any Gamehouse games to download and/or play. Have been to their support but after a week none of their solutions work - my husband is an IT person and hasn't been able to solve it:

Sadly nothing has changed - it would appear that the first game will download, but fail with the diskpace error, then after that it is the not connected to the Internet error.

The Game house installer app has been added to the Windows Firewall exceptions list, I have even tried to do the install with the Firewall turned off, with no joy.

From the command prompt I did a ping to check DNS and that all seems fine (see below)

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping www.apple.com

Pinging e6858.dscc.akamaiedge.net [23.43.56.139] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 23.43.56.139: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=55
Reply from 23.43.56.139: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 23.43.56.139:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 12ms, Average = 11ms

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping www.gamehouse.com

Pinging www.gamehouse.com [149.13.34.195] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 149.13.34.195: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=241

Ping statistics for 149.13.34.195:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 37ms, Maximum = 37ms, Average = 37ms

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Last message from them:
Hi Sue,

I'm sorry, however there is nothing further I can suggest.

The issue with the IP address is not something we can help with as this is your own set up and has nothing to do with GameHouse. I really can't offer and support for that.

In terms of everything working before Windows 10 - upgrading to this could indeed change something and more than likely has, however again, this isn't something on our end. It's likely how your old operating system was set up with your FireWall and other programs and hardware and when changing to Windows 10, this changes those settings in some way.

I would just check all of your software and make sure the settings are how it was before upgrading. I wish there was more I could help with, however it truly does sound like the setup or FireWall :(

Kind Regards,

Melissa
Gamehouse Customer Support

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hello Suen,

Some questions for you:
  • Which games specifically have you been unable to install or play?
  • Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 what operating system were you running which worked with Game House?
  • What brand and model is your Router?
  • Has your husband checked the router's firewall is allowing Game House permissions?
  • The email you were sent from Game House is rather vague to say the least. What did they mean when they said, 'The issue with the IP address is not something we can help with as this is your own set up and has nothing to do with GameHouse.' Are you getting an error message regarding the IP address assigned to your computer when you connect to Internet, and then to their server?
  • Finally, are you using any third party software to play the games, for example QuickTime.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hello Suen,

Some questions for you:
  • Which games specifically have you been unable to install or play?
None of the games that we have tried will work, this has not been comprehensive test as there are many games on their website, what we have tried will either fail with a disk space error (50Gb available) or a message that the machine is not connected to the Internet - as all other Internet based functions, email, browsing, DNS checks, Pings work, then I would have to doubt that it is an Internet error.
  • Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 what operating system were you running which worked with Game House?
Windows 7
  • What brand and model is your Router?
BT Homehub 3
  • Has your husband checked the router's firewall is allowing Game House permissions?
Prior to the Windows 10 upgrade there were no issues. I have two other machines with Windows 10 installed and they can run the games. This to me indicates that the issues lies with the PC and not the network.
  • The email you were sent from Game House is rather vague to say the least. What did they mean when they said, 'The issue with the IP address is not something we can help with as this is your own set up and has nothing to do with GameHouse.' Are you getting an error message regarding the IP address assigned to your computer when you connect to Internet, and then to their server?
No - see previous answers
  • Finally, are you using any third party software to play the games, for example QuickTime.
Not knowingly - To run these games, an installed is downloaded, then when that is run the body of the game is downloaded and installed. I have not seen any messages requiring third party software.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Suen,

So have you attempted to remove the games, then download the installation again using the following method:
  • Right-click on the Installation file
  • Select Properties
  • Select Compatibility tab
  • Check the box to run in compatibility mode, and selecting Windows 7
  • Checking the box to Run as administrator
  • Then running the installation

The Game Host website contains a long list of games they tested and confirmed will not run on Windows 10. You may want to read that list before downloading any games.

The Game Host forums recommend QuickTime be installed for their games. This is a third party application.

Reaction score
Hi - have just tried suggestion of compatibility for Windows 7 - still getting "not connected to internet" error

Regedit32

Reaction score
What browser is your default browser?

Are you using any other security software like McAfee, Norton, AVG etcetera?

Is this error occurring from running the installation file or from running the game itself once you have installed the game?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hmmm

OK then open Google Chrome - click its hub icon top right corner - the three horizontal lines
  • From there click History > History > Clear browsing history
  • In the window that pops up make sure it says the beginning of time then click Clear browsing history
  • Close the browser
  • Next right-click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the UAC dialog opens click Yes
  • At the command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns then press Enter key
  • Close command prompt
  • Next right-click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run dialog type inetcpl.cpl then click OK
  • Click the Connections tab

What information is in the box at top of this tab?

Click the LAN settings button at bottom of this opened tab

In the window that opens are any of the 4 boxes checked? If yes, which ones?

Reaction score
Hmmm

OK then open Google Chrome - click its hub icon top right corner - the three horizontal lines
  • From there click History > History > Clear browsing history
  • In the window that pops up make sure it says the beginning of time then click Clear browsing history
  • Close the browser
  • Next right-click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the UAC dialog opens click Yes
  • At the command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns then press Enter key
  • Close command prompt
  • Next right-click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run dialog type inetcpl.cpl then click OK
  • Click the Connections tab

What information is in the box at top of this tab?

Click the LAN settings button at bottom of this opened tab

In the window that opens are any of the 4 boxes checked? If yes, which ones?
Just the top box

Regedit32

Reaction score
Assuming you mean Automatically detect settings this box does not require being checked.

Try removing the check there.

See then whether you can run the games.

Regedit32

Reaction score
When you click the hub icon in Chrome you can select settings then in the search box type reset settings then click the Reset settings button.

If that still will not work have you tried using Internet Explorer 11 that comes with windows 10?

Just type internet explorer in the windows search box and press Enter.

If games can download and run via Internet Explorer then one can assume its Google Chrome that is the cause of the issues.

Ask a Question