Games on 10

Reaction score
well I had some other things to take a look at today after spending the entire night to Friday morning 0630 messing with this thing and all day today.

I have 2 items that still bug me, but I'll wait on those. one is this COMODO security suite, not working, but they said they should have a fix next week, the other is that Intel ProSet wIFI (N-1030) icon (green tornado looking thing), tried the re install, uninstall and reinstall, but no icon, yet it did show up after the uninstall/reinstall (without a pic) in the setting to check to show , but even with a check on ON it still wasn't showing up, had to re setup my WIFI again too after the uninstall and reinstall thing, so gave up on that one too for now, also with this COMODO, went through a mess with that too, which btw led me to doing my first image recovery on 10 lolol, not more than 24hrs after I had spent 8 hrs getting it D/L and installed. But at least I know the USB recovery and the image made work well :)

now I checked the games I had, working on 8.1, the main ones no longer work, don't know if its graphics driver related to 10, or if its the OS itself. I'll see if any new drivers show up on AMD, (I have the latest one that says its compatable for 10) before I uninstall 4 of the games that no longer work. these not the new battle field type, they are just ball and bat type, but very graphical, I have a dedicated AMD card along with the intel 3000, but both may not be up to snuff for 10 driver wise, even though I have the latest drivers available.

will just wait a bit and see, and maybe just uninstall.

I knew this was gona be fun, lol, went through this since the DOS days, lolol, every damned OS update was an adventure in itself :)

Reaction score
Did you do an upgrade or clean install? Upgrade + gaming = always something bad happening. I didn't have any issues with Battlefield 3 or any of my Steam games. I haven't had time to try them with the RTM though.

Reaction score
Did you do an upgrade or clean install? Upgrade + gaming = always something bad happening. I didn't have any issues with Battlefield 3 or any of my Steam games. I haven't had time to try them with the RTM though.

did the upgrade in place thing, no way was I gona do a clean install and loose all my programs and stuff. Some games do run, the more graphical ones startup real slow, again can't pin it to the graphics driver or the OS, cause they all were running fine on 7,8,and 8.1. Will wait as I said to see what any new driver does before i do a full uninstall of the ones that don't work, I don't have SN's/reg # for these as it is, they were free at the time I got them.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. The best advice I can give is to revert back to the previous Windows install. I've rarely had luck with a OS upgrade. After a botched XP upgrade, I only do clean installs on my main PC's. Gaming forums are full of people having issues with the in place upgrade.

Reaction score
Upgrades are cause of most problems people have. If you don't want to a loss of games then you have to go thru system and delete all duplicate files as well as leftover ones from previous operating system. Most games use files that either were changed or disappeared with new system so that creates problems. Maybe a reinstall of games would help. I had a program I used lots but didn't work correctly with 10. A delete and reinstall fixed it.

Reaction score
Upgrades are cause of most problems people have. If you don't want to a loss of games then you have to go thru system and delete all duplicate files as well as leftover ones from previous operating system. Most games use files that either were changed or disappeared with new system so that creates problems. Maybe a reinstall of games would help. I had a program I used lots but didn't work correctly with 10. A delete and reinstall fixed it.

yeah I actually thought of doing the reinstall thing too, I just did a new image so I may mess with that now, only thing is I'm not sure I can find the installers lol, its been a long time that these games have been installed. Its not a real bigggie, I don't much play them all that much anyway now :) the only other program I found so far not working was the EASEUS to do backup, I don't much use that either but may try the re installer for the heck of it. Everything else I've checked so far does work on this 10. I may keep it after all :)) heck I still have a full image of my W7 just before I went to 8, and a full image of that before I went to 8.1 :)

Reaction score
to admin

sorry I didn't see the GAMING forum before I posted this. if you want just move it there, or can I move it myself?

BTW Good news :) all my games started to work tonight for some strange reason :), I went and tested each one again and they all fired up and played :), and I didn't see any updates for anything, good thing I didn't loose patientce and uninstall them :), so now pretty much everything is back to normal except that Intel Proset icon thingy, and who knows I may figure that one out some time too :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
to admin

sorry I didn't see the GAMING forum before I posted this. if you want just move it there, or can I move it myself?

BTW Good news :) all my games started to work tonight for some strange reason :), I went and tested each one again and they all fired up and played :), and I didn't see any updates for anything, good thing I didn't loose patience and uninstall them :), so now pretty much everything is back to normal except that Intel Proset icon thingy, and who knows I may figure that one out some time too :)

edit

well maybe I spoke too soon, just tried to run those games again, and now am getting the same as before, they don't want to run, weird, now I can't figure out what it could be since they did run OK today, so its hard to pin it down again to OS or GPU. Oh well at least I know they "can" work, so I'll just have to keep tryin :)

edit 2

OK I think I figured out part of the problem, I had pasted the folder that has the games onto the menu of my start menu (startmenuX) that I use instead of the one with 10, well clicking on the exe from there the games won't play (some of them), yet when I go directly to the folder using windows explorer, and than click the exe, they play, all I can figure is there is some link problem with the exe. which I haven't figured out yet. But at least now I know how to get them to work :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question