gaming problem

Reaction score
Im using windows 10 insider preview build 10074 but now im not able to play games like call of duty black ops, crysis 2 ,red faction armagodden I start and then crash.
I have updated all my driver.

Reaction score
It's a little disappointing that no one has posted a single reply, let alone anything actually HELPFUL. I'm also using the Windows 10 Preview 10074 - I can't play Sims4 or SWTOR. I'm told by pc-savvy friends that I'll need to wait until Windows is fully up and running before the games will play. Sims4 played until two updates ago. Now it crashes after the opening sequence, where I'm actually trying to load a saved game. Can't play, can't quit. have to use the task manager each time, to close it out. SWTOR was just dead in the water - did nothing at all. I don't want to go back to the old operating system, but I wonder how long I'll have to wait. Just getting a reply from someone would be nice...
World of Warcraft plays well though - I wonder what's different about THAT game.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Many of these types of issues are very difficult to diagnose under the best of circumstances.
In the case of crashes, BSODs, and freezes they may be related to GPU Drivers and these files are being updated very often and are hard to track.
For instance Nvidia has updated it's WHQL driver twice in the last couple days 352.84 and then 352.86
http://www.geforce.com/drivers
I'm not sure if AMD is currently keep pace or not. I know that various device manufacturers do not seem to be up to date with Windows 10 and consequently I don't know that I would be relying on Windows 10 as an optimal gaming platform at this point in its' progress.

I'm sorry that you are disappointed in the lack of replies and help with respect to Gaming on Windows 10 but.....
Repeating the same banal answer over and over again seems equally disappointing so I suppose many are not prompted to even reply.

Windows 10 is in early stages and full of bugs.

Some people report their games working wonderfully in Windows 10 (usually after chasing down various hardware drivers), while other report, as you have, less than satisfactory results in their experience.
There is some rumor of a new and better build currently in the pipeline for release and hopefully we'll be seeing it soon.
Although I'm not sure that, that will address these types of issues.

Reaction score
I really don't understand how people don't understand what a preview release is. I also don't understand why people run a preview release on their main PC, even after being warned by Microsoft them self. And then not posting system specs. I'm at a total loss here.

Ask a Question