Gaming

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Frank,

What did you mean by stats precisely?

If you just mean your game scores, those statistics are stored locally on your hard drive here:

%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

If you open File Explorer, you can copy and paste the above into its address bar then hit Enter

Notes:

%localappdata% is a shortcut method to save typing in full C:\Users\<your logon name>\AppData\Local

For example, if your logon name is Frank and Windows is installed on your C-drive the full typed out path would be:

C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

The AppData folder by default is hidden as this is a System folder, but within File Explorer you can click the View tab, then place a checkmark next to "Hidden items" to view it.

Once inside the LocalState folder you can locate the following ARK files:
  • XSyncedData.ark
  • FreeCell.bin.ark
  • FreeCellfue_DoNotShowAgainSaved_GamePlayData.ark
  • SolitaireGlobalSettings.ark
Note: Before deleting ARK files, I'd recommend making a System Restore Point just in case you run into trouble running your Microsoft Solitaire Collection app afterwards. To create a restore point:
  • In your search box type the following: Create a restore point | then press your Enter key
  • In the window that opens, under the System Protection tab click the Create button
  • In the next window that opens type a useful entry to help you remember what the restore point you are about to create is for, for example: System status before I deleted ARK files
  • Finally, after entering a useful title for your restore point, click the create button

If anything does go wrong you can then use that restore point later to return to your System status prior to the deletion of those ARK files.

Deleting those would remove score records, however the Statistics of this game that you can view via the Microsoft Solitaire Collection app itself when you click Statistics in the Menu are stored on XBOX's cloud server.

To my understanding you cannot reset that total statistic package, but I could be mistaken.

XBOX has a Solitaire forum though, so you could ask there, or search through the nearly 900 posts by users to see whether this topic has come up before.

Regards,

Regedit32

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can create a new user in your PC and your stats for this user will start in 0. You can use that user only for playing purposes and every time you want to reset the stats you eliminate the user and create it again.
It worked for me.

Ask a Question