Get It While It's HOT!

Reaction score
It's a bit confusing how this "free" thing is going to work but I imagine that sooner or later we will need a full install. I think I'll wait awhile to see what happens comes end of July.

Reaction score
That looks to be the standard sale price. I'll wait till release, even with the possibility of price increase.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's a bit confusing how this "free" thing is going to work but I imagine that sooner or later we will need a full install.
I agree, and it'll be interesting to see if that "FREE" thing works similar to Windows 8 (not 8.1) where is was upgrade only and a bit of a pain to do a clean install on a new blank hard disk.

I'm assuming an ISO will be made available at some point through some resource or another, so....
Then it will come down to a Product Key to use for a clean install and that's where I suspect there may be issues.
Sorting through product keys and whether an OEM product key will work or if you have a retail product key, if it is an Upgrade Product key or a Full Version Product Key, etc., etc...
Should keep us entertained for a while.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well they just finally announced some pricing today.
Microsoft confirmed the price of single Windows 10 licenses in the event you are not eligible for a free upgrade or wish to build your own computer. A copy of Windows 10 Home will run $119, while Windows 10 Pro will cost $199.
For the July 29th release date.
Although I suspect that date is still just RTM and perhaps maybe for Windows Insiders and Early Reservers. Not sure about General Availability for store shelves yet.
SOURCE: http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/microsoft-windows-10-finally-has-a-release-date-july-29/

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes indeedy.
That's for the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) version, which would be in keeping with an RTM (Release to Manufacturers) date, or......
At least that would be how I would interpret it.

Reaction score
You may be right. I'm just having trouble seeing OEM disk (that anyone can purchase) being the same date as RTM.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good point.
And maybe it won't be, perhaps that new egg date could be pushed a bit.
Who knows.
I suspect I'll be busy enough around that time, so I might not even notice.

Ask a Question