Get Windows 10 application icon is not visible in the Quick Access Taskbar

Reaction score
Get Windows 10 application icon is not visible in the Quick Access Taskbar
  1. If the Get Windows 10 application icon is not visible in the Quick Access Taskbar, then you may need to do the following to allow reserving your upgrade.
  2. Be sure that Internet Explorer 11 is installed. If not upgrade or install IE11.
  3. Next check in Windows Update to determine if the Update for Windows 7 for x64 based systems (KB3035583) is installed.
  4. If KB3035583 is installed, you will need to uninstall KB3035583.
  5. Click on the Installed Updates in the lower left corner of the Windows Update.
  6. Find the line that states Update for Windows 7 for x64 based systems (KB3035583) and right click on that line and select Uninstall.
  7. Next go back to the main Windows Update page and click on the Check for updates link.
  8. When the check for updates is complete, you should see the Update for Windows 7 for x64 based systems (KB3035583) listed.
  9. Select this update for installation, click on the OK button, then click on the Install updates button.
  10. You may need to reboot to see the Get Windows 10 application icon.
  11. You will then be able to reserve your upgrade.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It also depends on your location as MS is rolling that out in sections. It will just take a little time for it the land for everyone.

I got it on my desktop (windows 8.1) first and it didn't show up on my laptop (widows 7) until a week and a half later.

Ask a Question