Getting a "WEB page not responding"

Reaction score
I thought I would check with W10 forum on a issue that started yesterday Monday. I have had much success in resolving various glitches since installing W10 from W8.1 on this site. Suddenly, irrespective of which web site ie: msn, local news feed page, yahoo etc, that I go to I am getting on the bottom left an indication that "web is not responding" and on the right hand bottom "Recover page". I am not certain if this a W10 glitch or something else that causing my inability to access various web pages. I have another lap top that I upgraded to W10 from W7 that is functioning properly. Any thoughts any one? Thanks and best wishes.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this in IE? I get this sometimes and I traced back the hanging of the webpage to my antivirus software (Kaspersky), which on occasion takes too long to check something on-page.

Reaction score
Hi Ian and thanks for your reply. I have Avast premier installed on my systems. I restarted this system in the Safe Mode and it appears to be behaving properly and now I am unable to navigate the various Web pages w/o any issues. I have upgraded to W10 on both of my laptops however, only the laptop that I upgraded to W10 from W8.1 is giving me issues where I have needed to restart it in the Safe mode.

Reaction score
Ian,
I have installed IE,Mozilla and Chrome. This issue has occurred on IE mainly.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If restarting in safe mode stops the problem and doesn't occur on the other systems, I'd have a look and see which apps are running in the background that could cause the problem (https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/manage-startup-programs.1/).

In IE, could you please go to Tools > Manage Addons > Toolbars and Extensions and post a screenshot of all currently loaded addons? That may shed some light on the issue.

Ask a Question