Getting around passwords and PINS

Reaction score
I am the only person that uses my home PC. I've installed WIN 10 but don't want to have to enter my PIN every time I start my computer. How do I get around this and get straight to the start screen?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Been looking for answers for days now. I am ready to back to Windows 7

Reaction score
Right click at Start button > select Run > in the Run box, type netplwiz > press Ok > in the next window, UN-check "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" > Apply/OK > you will be asked to enter the password and confirm it etc etc. Just follow the prompts to finish the change.

adding..............there is no need to disable anything else.
I did the same procedures on my computer. All you need is the netplwiz method.

Last edited:
Reaction score
On this forum run a search for the thread How To Disable Login Screen On Win 10. Review the entire thread then run netplwiz to eliminate prompt for password.

Reaction score
On this forum run a search for the thread How To Disable Login Screen On Win 10. Review the entire thread then run netplwiz to eliminate prompt for password.

Please help. In Windows 10 I go to RUN , enter netplwiz and uncheck "user must enter password" I restart and it still asks for a password.

Reaction score
When you enter user accounts by running netplwiz LOOK AROUND. Is the apply button grayed out? If so checking or clearing the user must enter box should activate apply. Now clicking apply will bring up an enter and confirm password box. The same password must be entered twice to cause entries at two places in the registry. Click local ok in password box then ok in user accounts box. NOW restart and you may see a VERY brief flash of your password during boot.

Reaction score
Oh. God bless you. My mistake was I kept leaving the password boxes blank, thinking that was what I should do since I wanted to open without a password.
Now, how the heck can I get rid of Microsoft Onedrive?

Reaction score
All apps near the bottom of the menu. Right click and uninstall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
P
Oh. God bless you. My mistake was I kept leaving the password boxes blank, thinking that was what I should do since I wanted to open without a password.
Now, how the heck can I get rid of Microsoft Onedrive?

Unlike earlier Windows 10 Insider Preview versions, Onedrive is now part of Windows 10.
Hence you won't find it in programs and Features.
Officially it cannot be uninstalled.

You can, however, disable it.
If you have a Win 10 Pro version, use this tutorial......
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...onedrive/b97a8336-62e7-476c-872c-3286c0a01cf6
Note : scroll down to Disable Onedrive in Windows 10.

If you have a Win 10 Home version, use this tutorial......
http://www.howtogeek.com/225973/how...d-remove-it-from-file-explorer-on-windows-10/
Note : Further down this tutorial, it also has one for Windows 10 Pro version.

Last edited:

Ask a Question