Getting BSOD with error code 0xc0000139 when booting

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting bsod error message 0xc0000139 when booting. I started getting this error when installing a update for newer version of Windows 10. The installation failed for some reason and from that point I'm unable to boot my pc. Windows recovery shows no restore points saved. Please help in fixing the issue.

Ps.. I'm using acer aspire 4738g. Migrated it fro windows 7 a couple of months ago.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm not sure there are many options left at this point.
Have you tried Start Up Repair or Start Up Setting to boot into Safe Mode or Reset from the Advance Troubleshooting options after booting from the installation media?
Do you have a current backup of all your critical data on your system drive?
Do you have a recent Disk Image of your hard drive?
The 0xc0000139 error indicates system file corruption, probably a result of the failed install.

You may find that you'll need to perform a factory reset using the Acer E Recovery Utility in which case all your data and programs that are not a product of the factory image will be lost, thus my reason for asking about backups.
In most cases Acer Laptops use either Alt + F10 or Ctrl + Alt + F10 to evoke the E Recovery Utility.

That is assuming that your problem isn't because of a faulty or failing hard disk drive

Reaction score
I don't have a recovery image if the disk for Windows 10. But i have it for windows 7.

Can we use the acer e recovery without booting the system. I tried the shortcuts your provided but it didn't work out.

I'm planning to do a clean install of Windows 10 if the recovery didn't work. Thanks for the help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can we use the acer e recovery without booting the system. I tried the shortcuts your provided but it didn't work out.
Normally, yes you can use the E Recovery Utility without booting the system, that's sort of why it exists, however......
Your particular Make and Model may use a different key combination, so it might be worth googling to see what you need to do at POST to evoke the utility.
OR
The hard disk itself may be a problem. The factory partition may be missing or empty or otherwise corrupt.

Ask a Question