SOLVED Getting the Latest Build via MCT

Reaction score
I must admit the Technique MS has Adopted with W10 Updating Regularly is much better than previous Versions of Windows.
I used to Slipstream a lot of updates in, but now it seems that if you wait a few weeks the next build you get appears to have the last lot of updates you put in your slipstreamed copy.
I use the Media Creation Tool to download a fresh copy quite often.
But it's a bit of a stab in the dark, I mean not knowing What Build you will be Down Loading until it finishes d/l.
Does anyone know How often m/s Updates the Builds on MCT Site.
More over is there a better place to get the most recent builds from other than mct .??.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
The MCT only downloads the first release of each Version (the latest being 16299.15) and is not going to be updated like they did with the November update. I usually download the latest version onto a flash drive and add each month the cumulative updates while removing the previous CU. that way I can install offline and still have an up-to-date system.
There may be other places that release slipstreamed version, but frankly, one never knows what else one gets.

Reaction score
The MCT only downloads the first release of each Version (the latest being 16299.15) and is not going to be updated like they did with the November update. I usually download the latest version onto a flash drive and add each month the cumulative updates while removing the previous CU. that way I can install offline and still have an up-to-date system.
There may be other places that release slipstreamed version, but frankly, one never knows what else one gets.
That's the way I do it. I use the third choice about getting both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions but best to do it on a 16GB Thumb drive to have room for the later updates.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Agreed. I do both architectures as well including all updates (32/64bit)....

Ask a Question