Ghost profile

Reaction score
Recently I had a different profile from the one I created, appear on my login page. I did not create this login and I can't find it in the users accounts folder. There is no users folder in computer management nor under C:, I have not used this login. I have Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 on a x64 based system. any help would be appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Have you recently used "netplwiz" or "Control Userpasswords2" to blow by your sign-in screen and auto-login to Windows?
I ask, because I've heard some reports of that adding what looks to be a duplicate user to the sign-in screen, although I thought that had been remedied a while back.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IS the name of the unwanted profile peculiar in some way (weird name or alpha-numeric combination)? Is it a name known to you? Is it perhaps a local profile and a Microsoft Account Profile?
I can't find it in the users accounts folder
There will not be a user profile folder created until the user actually logs into the computer.

Ask a Question