Glitch in Windows 10

Reaction score
I have a Dell Inspiron 15. It's been working great and often I go to desktop, right click and select:

1.png

...and when the window opens, it used to work great. Now, every single time I do the above, it NEVER opens any more. The window looks like this - as if the SW is frozen and won't proceed to open the settings controls:

2.png

So what I have to do is close the window, go back and to the desktop right click again like above, and then it opens. Very annoying and I don't know if this is a Windows glitch or what.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Reaction score
That is the first time I have read of such a fault.
Shooting in the dark. Open the settings - System and, on the side display.
Work down throughthe settings there, and see if any fine tuning can be accomplished.

Reaction score
All I can say is Run the native Windows Troubleshoot. To open the program type "Trouble" in the search bar. Hopefully it may find your problem.

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. After going to the Trouble settings I'd rather not do that. This computer runs great otherwise and I just don't want to screw it up. I did want to report this though in case someone smarter than me has seen it as well and can somehow find an easier solution.

Ask a Question