Going back to Win 7. Can I then update later?

Reaction score
So I am thinking of going back to win 7 as win 10 appears to have made my system a bit slower. I want to to a clean resinstall of Win 7 to set back to factory settings.

If I do this.. can I still update to win 10 later within the time limit?

Thanks
AP

Reaction score
As far as i know you have a year to get the free download using the media creation tool.
There will be plenty of W10 updates coming i am sure and you will be well behind with them.
updates can be a problem to install sometimes if you get behind so if its just that your system is slow and everything else is o/k i think i would wait a while.
But its your choice. ;)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Reaction score
Ok.. thanks.. its mainly that I think that restting win7 back to factory for this particular system before upgrading may be a useful option.

Reaction score
So I am thinking of going back to win 7 as win 10 appears to have made my system a bit slower. I want to to a clean resinstall of Win 7 to set back to factory settings.

If I do this.. can I still update to win 10 later within the time limit?

Thanks
AP

Assuming you Win 10 is activated.
If so, download the Media Creation Tool > run it > select Create installation media for another PC option.
That will create an ISO file.
Burn it to a bootable DVD or USB > and use it do a clean install.
Clean install will keep nothing. Start fresh. That will not be a problem to you since you won't mind going back to Factory settings on your Win 7.

Backup what you want to keep before you do a clean install.

Last edited:

Ask a Question