Going to scream- No network access

Reaction score
Ugh! Everything was just fine until a couple of weeks ago. I live in a rural area of the U.S. and have to use a program like pdanet in order to connect my Dell Inspiron 3521 to the internet. Now all of a sudden, no internet thru pdanet OR wifi. I cannot get anything to get internet access. And sadly, I have probably played with every option possible that I have screwed everything up. I need a very patient and understanding person to get me surfing again. I don't know a whole lot of technical terms but if described well, I can follow the directions. Please and Thank you!!

Reaction score
How are you sending your message above? From a school or library, someone else's place or typing on your Android using pdanet?

Reaction score
OK. So you use pdanet because your cell provider doesn't permit a hotspotr or they do but charge a lot for it?
I have used a hotspot on my android phone but don't do so as a matter of course. My provider permits it so I just use Android's built in hotspot.

As far as I can see from pdanet's website is that the software provides a hotspot without involving the provider. By wifi, Bluetooth or a wired connection between the phones charging port ( which can of course do data) and USB on the computer. So, on the phone does pdanet appear to be alive and well working?
If you connect your PC to the phone via a USB cable can you see the phone?

Ask a Question