Google blocked by Parental Controls?

Reaction score
OK, something weird going on with Parental Controls.

My son has lost access to Google following upgrade to Windows 10 though, not unsurprisingly, he can get to BING. Is this a glitch or part of the Search Engine turf war between Microsoft and Google? Either way, I would like him to have Google access so is there a way to return the functionality without giving him an open access account?

Reaction score
Did you find a solution to this? I'm about to uninstall Windows 10. Just terrible implementation of Parental Controls.

Reaction score
Not so far, but have not had much time to test. Will let you know if I find the cause.

Generally I like the new Parental controls, with the Exception of this issue and the need for your kids to have a Microsoft account...however the new scheduling (being able to specify a daily limit rather than having to specify specific times, is a big improvement.

Reaction score
In my case it was Avast anti-virus. An update cleared it up, but I miss the "block all programs" by default and they need permission to run things. For me it's more about keeping malware off the machine than not trusting what the kids are doing.

Ask a Question