SOLVED Google off centered screen

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals first time poster here hope i do this wright.....Can anyone tell me why (and how to fix) my screen is slightly off center to the right only when using Goggle as the browser edge, fire fox, internet explorer are all fine I can center it by going into settings and clicking the centering icon but i loose favs and search bars

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Bubba,

Welcome to the Forum.

Assuming you can still see part of Google Chrome browser window, albeit its off centre, do the following:
  • Open the Google Chrome browser
  • Now press Alt + Spacebar keys together, then with mouse select Move from the menu that appears
  • Now tap your left or right Arrow key to move the browser to a position you like.
    • i.e. If browser is off to right then tap the left Arrow key to bring it back to the left, or
    • If browser is off to the left then tap the right Arrow key to bring it back to the right
    • Likewise, you can tap the up/down Arrow keys to move it up or down.
  • When you have positioned the browser where you want it, close the browser. This allows it to set its current position, so it opens there the next time you use it.
Now when you open it again, it ought to be in the position you moved it to.​

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Bubba,

Welcome to the Forum.

Assuming you can still see part of Google Chrome browser window, albeit its off centre, do the following:
  • Now press Alt + Spacebar keys together, then with mouse select Move from the menu that appears
  • Now tap your left or right Arrowkey to move the browser to a position you like.
    • i.e. If browser is off to right then tap the left Arrow key to bring it back to the left, or
    • If browser is off to the left then tap the right Arrow key to bring it back to the right
  • When you have positioned the browser where you want it, close the browser. This allows it to set its current position, so it opens there the next time you use it.

Regards,

Regedit32
I tried this and chrome completely froze up. I could not do anything including exit. I fortunately had another browser open and was able to access that and close everything down. So, now what?

Reaction score
Hi Bubba,

Welcome to the Forum.

• Now tap your left or right Arrowkey to move the browser to a position you like.

Regards,

Regedit32
Bubba,

Some of us older users need to be told to press Alt, and the + sign, and the spacebar. I have Win7 where the problem arose but the Win10 fix worked for me.

Reaction score
Hi Bubba,

Welcome to the Forum.

• Now tap your left or right Arrow key to move the browser to a position you like.

Regards,

Regedit32
Excellent

Reaction score
When I press Alt+Spacebar the MOVE option is greyed out ??? This offset page problem isn't confined. I get it on Gmail when I open a file and on searchbar results, the same thing. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Lumpy,

I had the same issue. It looks like the text set in your Chrome is set to small. When you set this to normal, it resolves the issue. Give that a go :)

Reaction score
setting -on startup -Continue where you left(right) off.
its worked for me after many searching.
win 10.

Ask a Question