google problem

Reaction score
For some reason my computer is running google crash handler and google crash handler (32bit) I am not running anything to do with google but there seems no way to uninstall this, I hate anything to do with google. Has anyone got any idea to get rid of this nosey piece of crap.
Regards,
Billc.

Reaction score
You can find many articles from the net on how to remove/uninstall googlecrashhandler and updater.

Here is the latest one I can find. Maybe you can find a more recent one yourself..............
http://www.techgainer.com/prevent-googlecrashhandler-exe-process-running-background-windows/
Published Jan. 18th, 2015.

Here is another one but this one suggest that you just do the End Process option instead of removing it.
http://jaxov.com/2009/11/how-to-remove-uninstall-google-crash-handler-exe/
Published July 14th, 2014.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
For some reason my computer is running google crash handler and google crash handler (32bit) I am not running anything to do with google but there seems no way to uninstall this, I hate anything to do with google. Has anyone got any idea to get rid of this nosey piece of crap.
Regards,
Billc.

Two people who had the same problem did this

19/02/2010
6inbox said:
i found myself in exactly the same situation, here's how you fix it:

1. do a search in "My Computer" for "googlecrashhandler.exe"

2. delete all files that show in the search results

3. do a search in "My Computer" for "googleupdate.exe"

4. delete all files that show in the search results

5. delete the "Google" folder in the "Programs" folder

that fixed it for me. good luck!

Reaction score
Regards,
Billc.

Directly from Google :
https://support.google.com/installer/answer/153615?hl=en
excerpt :
GoogleCrashHandler.exe
GoogleCrashHandler.exe runs continuously on your computer if you've selected to send anonymous usage statistics and crash reports to Google for certain Google software, like Google Chrome. It helps send crash details to Google when your Google software unexpectedly shuts down. We use this data to help determine how to prevent these errors from happening in the future.

To stop GoogleCrashHandler.exe from running, turn off the sending of usage statistics and crash reports for all the Google software on your computer. Search Google Help to find instructions on turning these reports off.

That is what the FIRST link I gave you do. Suggest you use that link.

Last edited:

Ask a Question