Google Search as default Windows 10

Reaction score
How do you make Google the default search enging in Windows 10.
I don't like Bing and want to change it.

Thanks
Tom

Reaction score
So, you are using Edge as your browser ?
If you use IE11 as your browser, please post back.

If you use Edge as your browser, please follow this method...............
Open Edge > top right, click the 3 dots > select Settings > under Open With, click the dot A specific page or pages > click at the box under it and select Custom > at the box under Custom, type www.google.com > click the + sign on the right to "save" the change.
That's it.
Exit Edge > reopen Edge. Does Google appear instead of Bing ?

Edge - home page.jpg

Reaction score
David, I did as you instructed and my Edge opened up in Google Search instead of my Home Page. That is not what I want. What I wanted was to change my default search engine to Google.com (not to open up the browser in
Google Search.

I did learn one thing though. Instead of putting in Google Search.com I put in www.cbsnews.com and then Edge
opened up in CBSNEWS.com instead of NSN. I have been searching on how to change my home page and you
gave me that information.

Thank you but how can I add googlesearch.com and make it my default search engine instead of Bing.

Thanks
Tom

Reaction score
I don't know how to do that in Edge.

In Internet Explorer, that is what I did..........
Open IE > Tools > Manage add-ons > click Search providers > bottom left > click Find more search providers > scroll to locate Google > click it > click Add to Internet Explorer > follow the prompts > after that, exit IE.
Reopen IE > Manage add-ons > Search Providers > set Google as default > remove Bing > click Close. ( see screenshot below ).
Open IE again > Tools > Internet Options > General tab > under Home page backspace to erase whatever is in the box, type in google.com > click Apply/OK

Google as default search engine.jpg

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You can't change the search engine in EDGE, by design MS has set it up that way forcing users of EDGE to use BING.

Ask a Question