Got W10 on one of my 4 puters so 1 down 3 to go

Reaction score
Install went smooth as butta lol and just as expected it is freakin awesome! lol
Took just about an hour.

Reaction score
If you have several legitimate E-Mail's you can use the different E-Mail's per PC that is if you have Window's 7 on all of your PC's or Win 8.1 then when you get the upgrade from your Window's Update you can use the different E-Mail's when you sign up for the free upgrade, and then you will have Win 10 on all of your PC's. And, remember if you have Window's 8.1 Pro, or Win 7 Professional or Ultimate you will get the Win 10 Pro version, but if it is just regular basic Win 7 or just Win 8 you will just get the basic version of Win 10, and if you were part of the Widows Developers Preview like I did, you will or should already have it ", It's gonna be great no doubt":D

Enjoy my Friend, and Peace"

Reaction score
Your answer is as clear as mud! I use the same e-mail on all of my PC's 1 is W7 the others are W8.1 I reserved W10 on all of them however so far only installed on one, waiting for install to show up on the W7 and 2 other W8.1's? where the heck is it? checked in windows update, where I found the one but nadda so far?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
where the heck is it?
You're not alone.
Microsoft has taken to splashing this announcement on their community forums.
Announcements.jpg

Personally I got tired of waiting and resorted to getting it from here
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
You can use that tool to perform the upgrade in place or you can use it to "Create Media" (ISO), which you can then burn to installation media (DVD or USB) to upgrade at your convenience

Reaction score
"I meant use a different E-Mail on, each PC to get the Upgrade when it comes in,'if you use the same E-Mail it might get picked up on Microsoft and you may not get your upgrade like you expected because you already used the same E-Mail on one PC already" That is what I meant "

Reaction score
"I meant use a different E-Mail on, each PC to get the Upgrade when it comes in,'if you use the same E-Mail it might get picked up on Microsoft and you may not get your upgrade like you expected because you already used the same E-Mail on one PC already" That is what I meant "
Microsoft stated you can upgrade all your devices for free. So with that in mind, why would using the same account to upgrade all fail?

Reaction score
It is a caution tactic,since Microsoft is known to limit download's when the introduction of Win 8 Developer Series some year's back when Ballmer was in charge you could only use you MSN Account period for the OS download and if you didn't you couldn't get the Win 8 Download". I am not saying it is the same with Win 10 but it doesn't hurt to be cautious just in case ", but in time we will see won't we".

And they are known to change their mind's at Microsoft without warning so, that is my observation being that I have been in both program's "If I am right in my assessment according to what has happened in the past in dealing with these free trial testing period's of software from Microsoft, then it doesn't hurt to put a plan in place if Microsoft does end up putting a limit on downloaded upgrade's in the foreseeable future,all we can do is sit and wait." The idea can maybe save you a lot of aggravation, if they do change their mind,"

"Personally I hope it doesn't come to that and I hope everybody will get their upgrade, but you never know."

Ask a Question