Group Policy Client Service failed to connect message.

Reaction score
I'm having the "Failed to connect to a Windows service. Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. This problem prevents standard users from signing in" message in my laptop. It was updated from Windows 8 to 10 when we purchased it. At the beginning the laptop works well but now i'm having this message. I saw the a video and the GPC status is not running and in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CURRENT CONTROL/SERVICES/GPSVC in the Image Path is netsvcs instead gpsvdGroup.

The problem is that when i went to SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS NT/CURRENT VERSION/SVCHOST And then to the netsvcs I did'n t have to add it because it is already there, it was not missing. I verified Dword values and all of them have the same values as recommended in the video. So I don't know what the problem is. I appreciate any help.

Jesy

Reaction score
I had a similar problem back on 9/12/2015. See "Can't connect to Group Policy Client service" in "Windows 10 Support." You seem to be far more adventurous than I am. I didn't try to chase-down and fix the problem, I followed Trouble's advice: drop back 5 yards and quick-kick to a previous restore point. It worked!

Ask a Question