SOLVED Hard drives not listed in This PC since Windows 10 upgrade

Reaction score
Hope someone has seen this and can help. Since upgrading from 7, none of my hard drives are listed. The entire category is missing, all I see are Folders. The drives are there and accessible if I explicitly navigate to them, such as "C:\", in which case my path becomes: > This PC >SYSTEM (C:\), and I can explore the drive. They are all properly listed in Disk Management, where I can choose to open an explorer folder on them. The ones configured as shared still appear on the network. But none of several internal and external drives are listed in This PC. I have Googled this and can't find anyone complaining of this particular issue. Has anyone seen and solved this?

Reaction score
A screenshot of This PC:

upload_2015-9-16_4-51-5.png

Reaction score
In another thread I started to solve this problem I learned that HKEY_CURRENT_USER's registry Explorer Policy key had a NoDrives in it. Deleting that allowed Devices and drives to appear after reboot. The Long Night is over. I am still a little puzzled that my phone would make the category appear, but that is not a burning issue at this point.

Ask a Question