SOLVED Harddrive is overly active

Reaction score
Let me start at beginning. I took out my Nvidia card to clean fan since I was getting a quick refresh of black screen on movies. My main monitor is my Samsung 46" HDTV and I watch movies most of time from PC. ie Showtime, HBO, Epix and of course Netlix. I took out card and put aside and used my onboard video while I had card out to see if video was same. Onboard card is ATI 4200HD and windows installed drivers. Audio wasn't working properly so I installed driver from web and that I suspect was the problem. I uninstalled then put my card back in and no problems except on Edge Browser. Let PC go to sleep until next morning and noticed hard drive light was steady so I tried to log in. PC was slow is an understatement and 2 days of no PC cause you couldn't load anything unless you waited 10 minutes and USB drivers were screwed up so keyboard and mouse errors. Then I got the dreaded memory error can't load. I went to safe mode and uninstalled all ATI drivers as well as USB drivers only for it to install some and error out on others. I can only speculate as if this was a problem or not. I had to download Windows 10 to USB stick and reinstall Windows to get it to work. Don't know if it was an update or a bad motherboard driver but thank god for Dropbox backup.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good catch. Fortunate you caught it in time.
Thanks for sharing your solution.

Reaction score
Hard drive was errored out when I tried to initialize new drive. I managed to download software for new drive which initialized drive but couldn't get information from old drive. Stated to many errors. Wished new sata drives where as easy as older drives to install.

Ask a Question