SOLVED Having trouble with Hp Support Assistant

Reaction score
Started another post which was resolved and this issue came up so I decided to post it by itself now.
I had been doing some searching and found out that after downloading windows 10 that your HP Support Assistant doesn't work. I'm not sure if I got that issue fixed or not. But I found this issue below.
Note: This tool detects HP Printers and PCs running Windows 7, 8 and 10
HP Support Solutions Framework-11.51.0049.msi' has a new update of HPSupport Solutions Framework 12.0.0473(7).exe But when I go into Software and driver results and click check now it says

Load Software
Additional software is needed to continue
This will take approximately 2 minutes
Click the button to install and then follow the on-screen instructions below.
So I install, save file, run, Then I get this error Click OK to try again, or inter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package HP Support SolutionsFramework-11.51.0049.msi' in the box below. I did that and a screen came up saying, HP Support SolutionsFramework-11.51.0049.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Hp 'support Solutions Framework. Try to find the installation package HP Support SolutionsFramework-11.51.0049.msi' in a folder from which you can install HP Support Solutions Framework. Then another screen comes up saying the older version can't be uninstalled contact Hp Support. So can I go in and uninstall it myself in control panel? But when I go to software and drivers to check the now button will it load now? My warranty is up with Hp support so can I do any of this manually? Thanks for any help I can get.

Reaction score
I am having the same problem.
This thread is marked "SOLVED", however. I do not see a solution.
Am I missing something??

Reaction score
I am having the same problem.
This thread is marked "SOLVED", however. I do not see a solution.
Am I missing something??

Sorry but I am new on this sight and I didn't realize I should of said why it was solved. I had called HP about there updates and they do not have any updates at this time for windows 10. So if you still have a warranty with HP then they can help you with updates when they are available. Maybe give them a call anyhow if you want. I have no warranty and I am just hoping that updates will be posted and maybe I can download them. Good luck

Reaction score
Thanks for responding... I'm in the same situation as you (warranty expired).
I, also, am in hopes that HP will publish / post an update that is Windows 10 compatible.
I have held off updating to Windows 10, until very recently, thinking incompatibility issues such as this would be resolved at this time... no such luck!

Reaction score
I have found with every upgrade from windows xp to 7, I had to buy a new HP printer as they will not update their software. I have my HP scanjet in the closet where it will stay as I have no use for a printer whose ink cartridges cost more than the printer. I also have no use now for a printer.

Reaction score
Gideon,
My HP inkjet 8600 printer seems to be working OK with Windows 10.
I just checked the HP site for updates for Windows updates for my HP laptop and most of the updates are dated March 2016 (8 months after Windows 10 release!).
Looks like HP is working on Windows 10 updates, but a little slow & untimely.

Ask a Question