HDMI outputs diappearing on windows 10

Reaction score
I have a HP Envy laptop and connected to it is a HP Envy 24 monitor. It is connected with an HDMI cable. At various times, like once a week, the HDMI output disappears. The monitor sends a message stating that it has no signal and is going to sleep. I researched this issue and still do not have and answer.
Here is what I do know: I can go to the Device Manager..Display Adapters and right click on the Adapters and then 'disable' and then again 'enable' the adapter. While I am at it I also check for updates. This usually fixes the problem, but NOT permanently.

Has anyone come up with a fix to this problem? Working with the existing drivers for the display adapters just give a temporary fix.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Dietmar

P>S> Considering the date: Merry Christmas!!!

Reaction score
Maybe you should have posted this in one of the help forums and not the news forum, but it seems the system is loosing the monitor during low activity.

Are there any settings on the monitor you could alter for testing? The monitor itself might be a problem or the firmware for it. Do you have another monitor or TV you could check?

Is the monitor showing up correctly in Device Manager?

Have you tried a different Power Plan to see if it has any effect?

Any chance the cable connection is loose?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good catch Saltgrass, I've moved it to the Hardware sub-forum.
Thanks.

Ask a Question