Headphones not playing, but speakers are?

Gio

Reaction score
I plugged my headphones into the jack in my new computer, for the first 2 times it showed a little pop up at the corner of the screen telling me I plugged headphones into the jack so I clicked it and it lead me to something where I picked what to use to play sound, and my headphones played sound. Now when I plug them in nothing appears and my headphones don't play sound, but the speakers do. I go to the playback devices and see that Speakers/Headphones is working but it's only playing speakers, not the headphones. Is there a way I can fix this? Please and thanks

Reaction score
check out : Settings, System, Notifications & Actions, Select which icons appear on taskbar,

look for icons related to audio, may be more than one, select 'On' to show the icon in the taskbar notification area,
right click the icon & select 'Playback Device' or 'Audio Device',
this should give you a pop-up with the options to select from available Playback & Recording devices

Ask a Question