Help black screen no signal

Reaction score
This happened b4 but not like this. First time out of no were monitor loses signal PC activity lights stop... Restart once it get past the bios loading everything stops and the monitor goes black. I try escape at start up get to boot menus but once I select an option it goes black... I have never had this happen.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Insert your installation media.... Use Esc again to get to the boot menu and boot to your installation media and then use the "Repair" link and try a system restore to yesterday or a couple days ago, whatever you have available prior to the problem occurring.

Reaction score
I'll tryed that... I just got home from work my laptop sitting all day unplugged now the esc key isn't doing anything.... B4 I would bring up the boot menu now nothing.... Power lights on no hard drive activity lite..... Now the light on the capslock just blinks...

Reaction score
Could this be a hardware issue? Graphics card going out even though its built in? Is my laptop done for?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Probably not.
Try unplugging it from the wall and pulling the battery for a couple minutes.
Then try the escape key upon a new boot.

Reaction score
If you can get into your bios, have a look if your hard drive is listed as connected because it sounds like a hard drive fail, or possibly the boot record has become corrupted and you will need to reinstall windows.

Ask a Question