help find DVD drive after Windows 10 update

Reaction score
My DVD drive does not work after I updated to Windows 10 (even though it does on the same computer in Linux Ubuntu) . I do hope you can help me to get it working in Windows 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Joyce and welcome to the forum.
Try this
Right click the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) and type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

No gaurantee, but it worked for me and quite a few others.
Good luck.

Reaction score
Hello Joyce and welcome to the forum.
Try this
Right click the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) and type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

No gaurantee, but it worked for me and quite a few others.
Good luck.
Hello, Trouble ! Je vous remercie chaleureusement, vous êtes un bienfaiteur de l'humanité ! J'étais malheureux d'être privé de mon tiroir à CD/DVD. Par exemple, comme universitaire, j'utilise des dictionnaires qui, périodiquement, me demandent d'insérer, pour vérification, un disque d'authentification. Alors, jugez de mon embarras ! Quand j'ai lu votre programme pas à pas, j'ai aussitôt su que c'était le bon, et je l'ai entré en toute confiance. Mes cordiales félicitations, Trouble, vous êtes devenu pour moi un ami cher !

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A quick bing translate suggest that perhaps the solution worked for you.
Glad to hear it and thanks for that information.

Ask a Question