HELP! (new computer/wifi)

Reaction score
i just reset it as she forgot all the passwords.

but it's CRIPPLINGLY slow!
i can't even download a single thing without a "network failure"! :mad:

i changed the usual privacy settings....... i can't think of anything else.

any ideas, please?

p.s. it's a HP - 15z.

Reaction score
Here is all the steps I took. Smooth as silk now.
1. Reset PC
2. Log in with Microsoft account
3. Uninstall McAfee. (Major slowdown with McAfee.)
4. Uninstall Advast or whatever it was for Internet protection.
5. I was trying to download my Dropbox which was a very large file and that froze up modem and internet. It took almost all my PC usage. What I did was just download each folder at a different time instead of all the Dropbox at once. I tried every setting in Dropbox but same thing as WiFi would disconnect. Almost like an overload. I have 60 Mbps service and Dropbox was using 30 Mbps then it dropped signal and restart of PC was needed. If Dropbox sync was stopped no drops and downloading each folder separately no dropped. I haven't had a drop since second day of PC.
6. I let PC have time to update as Windows 10 already has quite a few updates which makes it more solid rather it is drivers or whatever. On Second day I watched for updates restarted-Check for updates-Restarted.
7. Run task manager (ctrl-alt-delete} and see what is taking all memory, PC or internet usage.

So to make it short I logged in with Microsoft account-uninstalled antivirus programs that came with Laptop-installed cable company antivirus-waited for all the updates. Don't install anything until all updates are installed. If you don't want to wait you can always go to Microsoft site and download latest update to speed it up. If all else fails and you don't want to spend hours diagnosing with HP you may have to return and get a replacement.

Ask a Question