Help: Trouble getting mouse clicks to register.

Reaction score
I recently installed windows 10 and I am having an issue where I often have to click something three times for the operating system to acknowledge that I did, in fact, click it. Sometimes I even have to click four times. This problem occurs in all my applications including windows explorer and google chrome. It is very annoying. Has anyone else had this problem? I used to run windows 8.1 and this was never a problem.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums :).

Does this problem affect both single and double clicks? If even something like a single click is a problem, then I'd see if you can try testing the mouse on another system to see if it's actually a co-incidental problem with the mouse itself.

If it's just double clicks, then perhaps it's related to the double click speed settings (you can change this by searching for "mouse" on the start menu, then click (perhaps several times ;)) the "additional mouse options" setting at the bottom of the page that opens.

Ask a Question