SOLVED Help ...... Win 10 reset crashed at 66% now nothing

Reaction score
I have a Intel Nuc, which I set up myself with windows 8.1 this was upgraded to windows 10.

I tried to reset windows 10 tonight as im selling the computer, it got stuck at 66%, reported an error about not being able to complete, after a number of attempts and the same result i chose the option to restart pc.

Upon restart i now get nothing at all, no bios screen, no windows screen, not recognising prompts from keyboard. Tried external dvd player with original windows disc in, usb powers it but nothing. Just a black screen of nothing!!!!

Monitor recognises hdmi cable is connected, its like the pc wont display anything.

Reaction score
Just a couple of things to try, use a non-HDMI output if you can and try an external mouse and keyboard if that is possible.

It is hard for us to know the exact situation with that system. I see no reason why you can't get into the bios, but you do need a keyboard or some special button. Maybe removing the hard drive would force you into the bios.

When hitting keys during a reboot or power on boot, make sure and tap them at a rapid rate and start before you think you need to.

Is the Windows DVD the only install media you have? You can download Windows 10 and do a clean install, if you can get that to boot.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Upon restart i now get nothing at all, no bios screen
You need to see a BIOS screen for sure.
Have you tried removing the AC Power, if it has a typical motherboard then remove the CMOS battery. Press and hold the power button and count to 30.
Replace the CMOS battery and the AC Power, boot and see if you can enter the BIOS to reset the date and time.

Reaction score
So I discovered the F2 key doesn't work on my original keyboard. A swapped keyboard get me into bios, both keyboards connected and I was able to re-install windows from a USB drive!!

Cheers all

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up.
Glad you got it sorted.

Ask a Question