Help with photo storage

Sus

Reaction score
Do not know if I am posting in the right place here but fingers crossed

I am pretty useless with computers these days, I used to be ok at one time and used Picassa to store all my pics. Found it was easy to use, good viewing of pics and they were easy to send any where, whether to friends, facebook, forums or companies

Now I am completely confused with it all, I have them stored on Live.com which I do not really like as I do not seem able to send pics anywhere. I also have them stored with Google (I use Google chrome browser} but even on here when I try to upload pics to anywhere either I cannot send or they re too big. I get mixed up with Google, Microsoft, Samsung etc I seem to have email accounts with all of them when I really only use gmail and aol

All I want is for my pics to be in one place and to be compatible with my email address and automatically load from my phone {sometimes they do sometimes they dont} and be able to upload them to wherever I want to

Given my ignorance with all things computer related these days would it be best for me to take it to a professional to work out for me or is it something I could do with help?

Sorry for sounding so stupid, but I am of the older generation now and every time I bought a new computer there was always something new to learn, now technology is advancing quicker than I can keep up and I cannot do half the things I used to do on computers before as they are now so complicated. I did look for a novice or dummy site but could not find one

Reaction score
For the book part visit this list:
For the location of images the default is C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\Pictures. In File Explorer the items listed in Quick Access and Libraries [above the This PC in the left column] usually are shortcuts to the folders where I just listed.
For E-Mail one can create a message then Attach files from those folders. I've changed the Internet Browsers I use to download everything to a different place than the default which in older Windows was the Desktop by default then the programmers decided to have a clean desktop so the defaults changed to the Users folder.

Ask a Question