SOLVED Help with photos

Reaction score
I recently transfered a large number of photos from my iphone to my desktop (windows10) . They uploaded to photos. I would like to put them in folders in "my pictures". I can drag them there but when I delete them from photos they are also deleted from "my pictures". I uploaded them again to "my pictures" but again when I delete them from photos they are deleted from photos. Any suggestions??

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Welcome to forums.

If you are using the phone sync tool to move pictures from phone to the folders, dont.
Not knowing what you are using, what phone it is and other pertinent details, ill just say that e.g. Android phones, you set the phone to transfer and then both internal and external phone memory cards are mounted in file viewer.
You then navigate to the right folder and copy the files wherever you desire.

Some of these applications/sync tools, create hardlinks and this seems related to your issue.

Just a guess though.

Reaction score
I am using an iphone 6 and using a usb cable to transfer photos. What other details do you need?

Reaction score
Try creating another folder without the "My" and drag and drop to there, See if that works a little better.

Ask a Question