Help with Windows 10

Reaction score
I recently had to do a clean install of windows 10. At first the tech installed window 10 Pro which I couldn't activate. Then he installed Windows 10 Home, which is isn't working correctly either. I can't access some links like the MC Store. I can't down load any updates etc. I never heard of the HOME version before this install . Is there a difference between the two? And how can I get the original version or a new version?

Reaction score
From your post on another forum, is it that neither will activate? You didn't:rolleyes: answer the question previously.

Reaction score
I dont believe I said neither would activate. The Pro version did not, but the Home version did. I said neither are working correctly. I'm try to get my original version back.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I never heard of the HOME version before this install . Is there a difference between the two?
Compare https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compare-windows-10-home-vs-pro

IF "Pro" would not activate and "Home" did, then it is likely that the version linked to the MS Account you are using on that machine and associated with that particular hardware is "Home".

Make sure that you are fully up to date regarding the latest build for Windows 10, which should be
Capture.PNG

You might also want to visit the "Store" app and catch up on any outstanding updates related to the various apps as well as the Store itself.

Reaction score
I ve several time to install the upgrade 21H1. It goes all the way through the downloading. Then you have to restart. Goes through that then stops, The windows logo pops up on the screen and k nothing happens after that. I wait 45 minute on my last try. Then I restarted myself. After a few minutes I get a " Trying to recover Download", the a message the " All changes in your computer will be removed" Something like that. Do you think the 45 minute wait was enough? BTW thanks for helping out

Reaction score
Sorry. Maybe I worded my earlier post wrongly.
You posted on the other forum:

"I had problems with my computer and ended up needing a clean reset. My tech loaded windows 10 Pro which wo7n0't work then he loaded windows 10 home. The isn't correct either. Is there a difference between Windows 10 and Home version? My computer is a Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop"

There were answers from a moderator and myself, which were never responded to.
Did you check the label on the bottom of the computer for the original version? As I also posted, I have the same laptop in front of me right now. It came with an OEM home edition, which I am certain would apply to your machine.
As Trouble suggests, make sure you are using the latest build, and from the correct source.. The easiest way for that, is to use the media creation path.

Reaction score
I ve several time to install the upgrade 21H1. It goes all the way through the downloading. Then you have to restart. Goes through that then stops, The windows logo pops up on the screen and k nothing happens after that. I wait 45 minute on my last try. Then I restarted myself. After a few minutes I get a " Trying to recover Download", the a message the " All changes in your computer will be removed" Something like that. Do you think the 45 minute wait was enough? BTW thanks for helping out

OK I'll give that a try.

Reaction score

IF "Pro" would not activate and "Home" did, then it is likely that the version linked to the MS Account you are using on that machine and associated with that particular hardware is "Home".

Make sure that you are fully up to date regarding the latest build for Windows 10, which should be

View attachment 13615

You might also want to visit the "Store" app and catch up on any outstanding updates related to the various apps as well as the Store itself.
This is another problem. I can't view the store. I get a "server down" message. Several attempt to fix, following their instructions, have not worked

Ask a Question