"We can't sign into your account" Error

Reaction score
yesterday Windows 10 downloaded new updates & now whenI go to sign in all I get is We can't sign into your account. Critical error your start menu is't working. I've signed out,turned off computer & started again but no joy. Just says the same thing. Please can someone help .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Use the Power Icon on the sign-in screen (bottom right) to restart your computer in Safe Mode (#4) see if you can sign in, then try again with Safe Mode with Networking (#5).
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/safe-mode.3/
Afterwards try to then reboot the system normally and see if either of those have any impact on your ability to boot the system and sign in normally.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yesterday Windows 10 downloaded new updates & now whenI go to sign in all I get is We can't sign into your account. Critical error your start menu is't working. I've signed out,turned off computer & started again but no joy. Just says the same thing. Please can someone help .
Thanks for replying. Tried your suggestion but didn't work so will take to the shop tomorrow to see if they can rectify the problem. Last time I let any downloads on my computer as have all my work on it....

Ask a Question