Here's One I Can't Figure Out

Reaction score
Two computers running Windows 10 build 10130, both with all offered updates.

Computer one remembers my option settings in the Microsoft Solitaire game that installs with Windows 10. Even after rebooting the selected options such as no timer, no end game animation, etc., are remembered and applied when the game is restarted.

Computer two. Does not remember Solitaire options settings. Closing the game and restarting requires me to go back to the options and reselect those I want.

Why does one computer remember and one does not?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Assuming they are both the same version of solitaire (they've been updating a few of the store apps recently) and that you are signed in to both machines with yours or at least a Microsoft Account......
I have no idea.
You do seem to find the strangest behavior.

Reaction score
Aha! You caught it! The one that remembers is 3.3.5151.0 and the one that doesn't is 3.0.4031.0. No idea why there are two different versions though. If my memory is correct a long time ago I downloaded a Solitaire game from the store and I'm curious now if a build of Windows 10 included the Solitaire game. Did it show up on your machine?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What I see when I open Microsoft Solitaire Collection is
Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I guess then that the game is a part of Windows 10. I vaguely recall installing a solitaire game from the store but I haven't consciously installed it on any of the builds since then. I don't see any option to check for updates so I've no idea why I have 2 different versions.

Reaction score
The solitaire collection is my favourite time waster. For, I believe, the last two builds, it has been in "Beta". The older version, to which you refer, is not available. The new version is not complete, but has this promise, which you should have seen on initiation:

Sol2.PNG

Also, this:

sol.PNG

P.S. Came back to point out that, no misunderstanding, the old version is till working in previous windows versions. I use it daily. But I have not found any way to get hold of it through the store(s) in Windows 10 builds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I needed to come back again.

I have been away from home for a couple of days. Your post got me back to the new solitaire collection.
I find that it is now mostly feature complete and everything seems to be playable. I always go for the "Challenges", and can see now that it does tally up the scores and achievements.

Glancing back through the news items, as the Builds progressed, this, hopefully, looks like MS have relented over their earlier decision to stop including the built in games for windows..

Reaction score
The older of the two builds opens with the 25th Anniversary screen you posted but the newer build has a quick splash screen and quickly opens the game selection menu. I can't understand why the older version has not updated. I put build 10130 on both machines the same day and have installed all of the available updates.

Reaction score
Maybe we are discussing three different collections here?

I have the original, running fine, on Windows 8 and Windows 7. No hint of the new version..

The current one is as the pictures in my post.
Now. In the original, I am logged in two Xbox. This shows all my "achievements" to date, and medals. In the new version, I only have the option shown. If I click "Guest", then the 25th anniversary picture, as in my earlier post, pops up.

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question