Highlighting And Right Clicking To Print A Selection Does Not Work On Windows 10.

Reaction score
I recently installed Windows 10 but can not print from a highlighted area by right clicking and printing the selection. When I right click, the printing option is not there. Any ideas about getting this to work?

Reaction score
Mine works.

Suggestion Run a system file check ( sfc /scannow ) to look for corrupt files.
If you need to know how to run sfc /scannow, please post back.

right vlivk - print.jpg

Reaction score
Thank you David for replying to my thread. I ran the scan you told me about and it stated that there was nothing wrong so I'm still at a loss as to why I can't print like I did before I changed over to Windows 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Print from where.... browser, notepad, word, ?????
Print to what..... do you have a printer installed, do you have the latest driver for that printer installed, how is that printer connect to the computer.
Normally, the print "selection" is a function of the printer driver. You select something and then choose to print and then from the print dialog box you select the radio button next to "selection"

Reaction score
Print from where.... browser, notepad, word, ?????
Print to what..... do you have a printer installed, do you have the latest driver for that printer installed, how is that printer connect to the computer.
Normally, the print "selection" is a function of the printer driver. You select something and then choose to print and then from the print dialog box you select the radio button next to "selection"
Print to my new printer that I have used before I changed over to Windows 10. The problem has nothing to do with the printer because there isn't an option after I highlight a selection and right click. The menu use to include print and then to selection but not anymore. I've tried it on everything and it just does not work anymore. I ran a sfc /verifyonly scan and everything is fine on my laptop. My printer works perfectly on other jobs. Thank you for your time and I hope you can help me.

Reaction score
Does Ctrl+P work? Sorry in Edge Ctrl+P prints whole article. In Chrome you can print highlighted item. This is the way it is on my laptop. Edge only gives option to select all or copy. Does have an inspect element thou. My suggestion is use a different browser until Microsoft figures out why it is going to lose the browser war if options aren't there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I recently installed Windows 10 but can not print from a highlighted area by right clicking and printing the selection. When I right click, the printing option is not there. Any ideas about getting this to work?

I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. McAfee just came up on my screen and suggested I go back to internet explorer because Microsoft Edge had some type of security problem so it reverted back to internet explorer and now I'm able to select what I want and print only that selection. I'll stick with explorer until edge gets the bugs worked out.

Reaction score
I can't print a selection anymore either...it's the whole page or nothing. I have gone to Chrome.........and it's a lot better than I thought it was.

Reaction score
Any of you using Windows 10/Edge may have noticed that you no longer have the option to print a selection. ie. print just a part of a page. Unbelievable. If this is important to you, please go to Send Feedback under the three dots on the top right of the page on the Edge browser. Click Open Windows Feedback. Enter Printing Selection at top of the page. Then upvote every comment requesting the ability to print a selection.

Reaction score
This thread is a little old. I found out how to print something that is highlighted on a page using Edge. Go to the upper had corner click on the three ... dots. Go down to, "Open with Internet Explore". Click on it. The page your on will open in a new window in Internet Explore. Then highlight the text you want and click on print. The print box will open and you can choose how you want to print your text.

Reaction score
Does your printer show in devices; Is it selected as default?
I think Windows 10 does a darn god job of recognizing all Windows & drivers for the upgrage.
I have has MS Office 2010 and used it many times. I don't ever recall the right click print option ever being available HP Laser Jet P1102w. To print, I have always clicked on File>Print also cntrl P works well and allows you to check printer settings and defaults.

Ask a Question