History doesnt always come up?

Reaction score
Hi I new here but wonder if anyone can answer the following please? I am trying to get my windows 10 web page history up, I click the reading list then the history clock and I get a note saying I will get history once I open a site. This can happen 10 times before my web page history eventually appears. I haven't set the system up to delete history on exit, history is there it's just not showing, any ideas on what i'm doing wrong if anything?

Reaction score
Thanks for answering, sorry I don't know what Edge is? how would I tell if I am?
thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Edge is Microsoft's new Browser and is the default for Windows 10 along with Bing defaulting as the home page, which by the way controls your search history, and defaults to off, you need to turn in on with the Bing gear in the top right corner.
how would I tell if I am?
If you click the 3 dot ellipsis in the top right of the browser tool bar and you have an option to "Open with Internet Explorer" that would be a pretty good sign that you are using Edge. Heck..... if you even have a 3 dot ellipsis in the top right corner of the browser tool bar, I think that is indication enough.
My suggestion......
Click Start Button, scroll down to Windows Accessories and right click Internet Explorer, pin it to start and pin it to taskbar
and then use Default Programs in Control Panel to set it as your default browser, unless you prefer one of the many third party browser, in which case consider doing the same with one of them.
Edge currently, is just to edgy for me.

Reaction score
Funny. Sad but funny.
Ok thank you for that, yes I am using Edge, I think its too late to change to internet explorer as a lot of the things I use are now stored on Edge, I mainly find it ok to use except I have no browsing history but I guess i'll have to put up with it until someone fixes it!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think its too late to change to internet explorer as a lot of the things I use are now stored on Edge
I'm not sure what constitutes "a lot of things" but if you are concerned about your favorites and getting them from Edge into Internet Explorer they are located here
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites
You may have to "show hidden files folders and drive" in your folder options to get there.

Copying them to here C:\Users\YourUserName\Favorites
Should work or at least be worth looking into.

Reaction score
Thank you, but unfortunately I'm not clever enough to follow what you have just said to do which is probably part of the problem why people end up stuck with what they've got! thanks anyway:)

Ask a Question