\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout EMPTY

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
When trying to find a solution for my `not working anymore windows key`, I deleted (as advised) the folder obtained by typing regedt32:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout

Now I cannot type anymore in my cortana search bar and cannot switch between languages.

I would like to know how can I write back this folder

Thanks a lot in advance,
Pierre

Reaction score
On my main computer and using regedit, Keyboard has 2 entries, DOSKeyBCodes and DOSKeybIDs. DOSKeyBCodes has a large number of entries and seem to be for languages.

The separate Keyboards entry has a large number of entries, look to involve languages.

Have you tried System Restore? May need to do a System Reset.

Regedt32 does not show the second item about Keyboards.

Reaction score
Not sure how much functionality you have left, but, if limited, Are you able to right click the keyboard and select "Show touch keyboard button". This will give you more flexibility,
Try opening the "Ease of access" , in the settings.Scroll down to "Filters " and make sure it is off.

To fill the registry again, try this. Right click the start orb and open the Device manager. Scroll down to the Keyboard and, first, if there is an entry, delete it. Then select "Update Driver software ", and see if it can reinstate your keyboard.
Restart and see if you are back in business.

Reaction score
If you had another computer or a friend, you could export that part of the registry and import it into your system. There are Keyboard Layout and Keyboards Layouts entries.

Maybe the upgrade tomorrow will fix it..

Reaction score
On my main computer and using regedit, Keyboard has 2 entries, DOSKeyBCodes and DOSKeybIDs. DOSKeyBCodes has a large number of entries and seem to be for languages.

The separate Keyboards entry has a large number of entries, look to involve languages.

Hi Bighorn
Restoring put back everything in place!
Thanks a lot! Now I can start again to find out why my windows key does not work.
Thanks a lot

Ask a Question