SOLVED Hotmail website information

Reaction score
While reading emails I get all the website information when the cursor hovers over the site. I do not need all that and it gets in the way. Never had this with earlier Windows. Suggestions??

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi AKD,

do you mean when you move the mouse over advertising or over anything on the page?, please be more specific. :)

Reaction score
If you’re referring to the url which shows when you hover over any link then this is a new feature. It may be a security feature to ensure the link visits the site which the url points to, if it doesn’t then it’s a fake/scam site.
E.g: The link shows Microsoft.com but when the mouse is hovered over the link it actually shows M1cr0s0ft.con - that would be a fake site in this example.

Reaction score
Unfortunately that makes perfect sense. It would be helpful to pick out any fake sites. Perhaps I will get used to it but for now I wish I could get rid of it. Thank you!

Reaction score
Unfortunately that makes perfect sense. It would be helpful to pick out any fake sites. Perhaps I will get used to it but for now I wish I could get rid of it. Thank you!

Many people don’t like the feature for some reason but imo it does come in useful when you receive a suspicious email.

Ask a Question