SOLVED How can I make sure Ready Boost is enabled in Windows 10?

Reaction score
I seem to have problems finding out if Ready Boost is enabled on my Lap-top. I play a lot of Zynga Games such as FV2 and need more speed to improve game. It takes a while to load up game. I am not all that computer literate so please bear with me in my questions. I do not even know if ready boost will have any effect on Zynga Games. Thanks for any help in this issue.

Reaction score
I seem to have problems finding out if Ready Boost is enabled on my Lap-top. I play a lot of Zynga Games such as FV2 and need more speed to improve game. It takes a while to load up game. I am not all that computer literate so please bear with me in my questions. I do not even know if ready boost will have any effect on Zynga Games. Thanks for any help in this issue.
I did a google search for that and found that ReadyBoost will probably not help you. If you want to read about it here is one link;
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0/2f3722d8-0e48-4936-ba14-7aae97e5970a?auth=1
There are many ways to speed up your pc but start with a basic malware cleaning. Malwarebytes is a highly recommended utility. A free trial can be downloaded. Run Ccleaner (free) and that can help as well. A big speed increase in loading software can be achieved by upgrading your hard drive to a Solid State Drive.

What are your pc statistics? Name,model,cpu model etc.

Reaction score
I did a google search for that and found that ReadyBoost will probably not help you. If you want to read about it here is one link;
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0/2f3722d8-0e48-4936-ba14-7aae97e5970a?auth=1
There are many ways to speed up your pc but start with a basic malware cleaning. Malwarebytes is a highly recommended utility. A free trial can be downloaded. Run Ccleaner (free) and that can help as well. A big speed increase in loading software can be achieved by upgrading your hard drive to a Solid State Drive.

What are your pc statistics? Name,model,cpu model etc.
Dell Inspiron 3541 AMD A-6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHz
8.00 GB(6.93 usable) 64Bit Operating System X 64-Based Processor
Prod. I.D.#00326-10000-00000-with AMD Radeon R4 .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Ready boost is a virtual construct designed to allow your computer to use faster flash memory in the form of attached USB drives to store bits of data that would normally be paged out to hard disk.
Since flash memory is faster to access than old spinner hard drives it gives the system a bit of boost should it need to access something from the paged data.
I would think that with 8 gigs of physical memory, you're probably not paging a whole lot anyway so I wouldn't expect you to see any real benefit from it.
if Ready Boost is enabled
If you have a USB ThumbDrive attached to your system, then all you need to do is right click that drive in File Explorer and choose properties and then select the ReadyBoost tab.

Reaction score
That is not a very fast cpu but you might look in BIOS to see if it can be overclocked. If so get some help to pick the right voltages as you could do serious damage if you are not careful.

Reaction score
That is not a very fast cpu but you might look in BIOS to see if it can be overclocked. If so get some help to pick the right voltages as you could do serious damage if you are not careful.
Sigh

Reaction score
Simple answer, if Windows says it is enabled then it is. Windows will not give the option to enable ReadyBoost, if performance didn't have the potential for increase.

The following would disable ReadyBoost as an option:
  • Low performance USB Flash Drive where there would be no benefit
  • High performance System Drive where the Pagefile and Swapfile resides

Reaction score
Thanks to all that helped me solve this issue. I appreciate it so much. May all of you have a great New Year!

Ask a Question