How can I open a pdf file in WIn 10

Reaction score
I have the adobe reader installed on the PC but pdf files will not open in Windows 10 since I installed Win 10. Suggested Solution?

Reaction score
I have adobe and it works fine. Try going to store and download XODO PDF reader and editor. I use this free program to edit pdf for free.

Reaction score
I have the adobe reader installed on the PC but pdf files will not open in Windows 10 since I installed Win 10. Suggested Solution?

Do you have Open With in your right click context menu ?
If yes, right click at the pdf file > click Open With > What options are offered to you ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
As Roddie says - and it is free.
But, following David's suggestion, you should, with a right click - "Open With", see "Edge". This is currently the MS built in method of viewing PDF files.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure why you resurrected a thread that is 18 months old but you should probably check the "Store" app

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Comp Cmndo, I can't get XODO to install. What one(s) do you like better? Are they free?

Reaction score
Not sure why you resurrected a thread that is 18 months old but you should probably check the "Store" app

View attachment 4838
because I could not read a .pdf file today 2/22/17 and XODO seems to be just for a mobile device. Then I found 'open with Edge' and that worked but I need to be able to modify a .pdf file.

Ask a Question