How do I convert a PDF file (that is commercially senstive and high resolution) into Powerpoint?

Reaction score
Hello

How do I convert a PDF file into a Microsoft Powerpoint file for free (or very low cost)?

My PDF file is commercially sensitive so I can't risk using any on-line utilities (like SmallPDF).
I need to make a high resolution presentation, so I don't want any blurred graphics or watermarks etc.

Background
Yes, I do own the full copyright to the PDF file, before you ask!
I only need to do this very occasionally (e.g. 3 or 4 times per year) so I don't want to spend 'silly' money.

I have Ms Office 365 (which I can barely afford), running on Windows10 (x64)
I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free)
I definitely can't afford Adobe Acrobat Pro - £182/year!

I have tried
- Nitro Pro but it didn't do a good job (AND it was expensive)
- Able2Extract but it didn't do a good job (AND it was expensive - $149.95)
- Libre Office (free, but I couldn't find a way of getting converting its .ODT files into powerpoint (.PPTX)
- PDF-XChange Editor too expensive costs USD $43.50
- If I open the PDF in Ms Word it makes a bit of a mess of the layout.

To get clear: I don't mind paying good money for software, but only after I've used it for a while AND if I truly love it!

Any suggestions?

J

Reaction score
Hi,

assuming you can copy from the text and/or pic you want, open the PDF file and highlight the piece you want, copy and paste it into a Word or LibreOffice document, save it and then import it into a new PowerPoint session. :)

Reaction score
I use PDF Zilla, to convert https://www.pdfzilla.com/
1588090784655.png

Reaction score
There are formatting opions in Word, concerning importing and exporting. Perhaps you shoul have a look at them. I dont have a great requirement for such, but , so far, I have not had any problems. Word is also very good at converting PDFs to Word Doc(x)s

T_J

Reaction score
Well you probably won't like this FREE method
1 open PDF file
2 do a print screen of a page in the PDF file
3 open Power Point (I used free PowerPoint at Office.com; my MS Office Starter 2010 doesn't have PowerPoint)
4 click paste on the slide where you want it
5 crop the picture, resize, or move it here or there
6 repeat steps 2-5 fifty more times

While the text in the print screen of my online PowerPoint below may not look very clear;
the text is very clear while viewing this slide in PowerPoint. Slide show looked pretty good.

powerpoint.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
No issues on that, well not all $$$$ that but doing OK. Had my own Electronic Business - 20 yrs - Cheyenne, Wy. sold property for nice profit. Then Private Computer in Kansas after that, and jut QUIT - 2 yrs ago... Yes, I still do Custom Work, Build to Specs, minimum mark up,
not like Others, Private work @ $50.00 per others charge $100.00 to plus, lots of FREE also.

Ask a Question