How do I delete a program so I can reinstall it?

Reaction score
Let be begin by saying that I am probably most ignorant person who asks questions on this forum, and am quite elderly. Please bear with me, and give me step by step procedures.

When I used Windows 7 it was quite easy to go to a list of programs I had installed, and if necessary delete one and reinstall it. I cannot work out how to do that in Windows 10.

I used to have the Tor browser on my computer as well as Firefox. Recently I suddenly found that I could no longer use either Firefox or Tor; they just wouldn't open at all. I got a local computer store to reinstall Firefox - eventually after a lot of messing around - but he did not reinstall the Tor Browser. He said that the clean up programs I have used for years - Malware Byes and CCleaner had caused the problem and removed them also.

So, step by simple step, please tell me how to find the list of programs I have installed, and how to remove Tor. I will then download Tor and install it.

After that's done I'll come back and ask about CCleaner and Malware Bytes.

Reaction score
Click on the start button and scroll down to [W] and click on the folder named [Windows system]. if it opens you can see the [Control Panel]. click on that and you have the same control panel that you used to have in windows 7. Navigate to [programs and features] and a list with all your installed programs opens. its the same as it is in windows 7...

Reaction score
Thanks so much. Tor browser isn't there, so perpaps the technician deleted it without deleting the link. I'll download Tor and try to install it, and see if I can make it work.

Reaction score
I have installed the Tor browser, but it still won't open. I get the attached response, so it may well be a Firefox problem, and I'll ask there if I can find out how to register. If there's any advice you can give in this forum please do let me know
TorError..JPG

Ask a Question