How do I 'open the My Computer Folder'

Reaction score
I'm sorry to expose my ignorance yet again, but I'm having trouble with some software that I use a lot. I've complained to the provider, and they have sent me a long list of steps to be taken. One of the steps is:

'Open the My Computer folder. Select Tools>Folder Options>View Tab...'

I've forgotten how to do find and open the My Computer folder, though I have a vague memory that I could do it in Windows 7. Could anyone remind me how to do it, please?

On the task bar on the extreme left on my computer screen there is Windows window icon, then a circle, then a rectangle with a handle on each side, and on my desktop there is a computer icon with a This PC label below. I've muddled around in all of these areas, but still can't work out how to do find and open the My Computer folder.

As a bonus question: Can anyone recommend an HTML editor which works well in Windows 10? I'm getting fed up with the problems I'm having with the one I'm using now and have been using for years.

Reaction score
The provider is a little behind the times, I'm afraid.

You have said there is an icon on on the desktop, called "This Pc". That is now the new name.
But the path you are seeking:
Click "This PC"
On the top bar, select "View"
Now, on the far right, you will see "Options". Click this and a drop down will appear.
Select this and then the View tab. -Done.
Not sure why you need to be editing a web page, but that is not any of my business.
Try this one, which I use:

http://www.coffeecup.com/free-editor/

Reaction score
Thanks to you both. I really appreciate your help.

I was able to follow your advice, Dave, and the problem seems to be solved.

I am using the CoffeeCup HTML editor, and agree that when it works it is an excellent program. The problem was that every time I opened it after an 'upgrade' to version 15 the screen display vibrated badly, and I got recurrent error messages. I think you'll find that quite soon the free version will no longer allow you to use the 'code' option. So you will have to type in the markup by hand or get the paid version.

I have noted the URI for kompozer, Bigfeet, and will try that if CoffeeCup gives me more problems.

Ask a Question