SOLVED How do I rotate images that will not rotate?

Reaction score
Windows 10
I am at this location: This PC > S3500 [my Nikon model] > S3500 > DCIM > 100Nikon
File ... Picture Tools
Manage
Rotate Left Rotate Right
View [The word 'View' is a bit faded, so maybe needs to be live]

When I click Rotate Left or Rotate Right nothing happens. I need to rotate many images before I upload them to Amazon.com, where they cannot be rotated. By the way, if I need to go into Windows Live or the Edit, where you use the paint brushes and such, I have no idea what my Microsoft/Windows-10 Key Code, ID and Password are, in case you would like to kindly advise me on that also. (No longer have the original MS installation disc.)

Thank you for listening,
tma

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried copying (not moving) off the images from your camera into a new desktop folder on your computer and then trying to manipulate them from that container, rather than on the physical camera?
Although not my preferred choice of applications, the Windows 10 photo app seems to rotate my pictures without problems.

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice. Strangely, previously, Windows XP, I would connect my camera to my laptop and a screen or box would appear, and I would be asked to create a file name for the images, etc. When I changed to Windows 10, the camera photos downloaded to an array, called a Gallery, or some such, of photos in Download, Pictures. However, today no screens, prompts, etc, appeared on my laptop screen. I had no idea they had downloaded until I found them at the location I mentioned in my question. I guess I need to try to transfer these 50 images into a folder, which I haven't done before except when downloading, which will then maybe let me rotate them, so I'll give it a try.

Will be awhile, since lunch beckons--thanks again,
tma

Reaction score
Success! Because the process had changed, I had no idea that I was only reading what the camera had taken and I still needed to Import the images, which I figured out when I fiddled around with that first view of them (tiny icon at bottom right of screen). Once I had Imported them, I was allowed to Rotate. Your words helped jog me over onto the right path, especially when I disconnected my Nikon from my laptop and the images were gone. I did not realize that I can view something under Download, Pictures, but they have not been permanently downloaded or imported into my laptop.

Anyway--much thanks!
tma

Ask a Question