SOLVED How do I set up (No Password) at computer start up, in Windows 10 ?

Reaction score
All of the previous versions of Windows that I ever set up, you were able to set auto-start with no password. Inow have Windows 10 and can't for the life of me find a way to do this. Is it not available option now in Win 10 ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If I were you I would start off by Googling
netplwiz
AND OR
Control UserPasswords2
They are pretty much the same method used in most previous versions of Windows.
Although apparently, some people can't seem to get them to work.
I have no idea why.

Reaction score
All of the previous versions of Windows that I ever set up, you were able to set auto-start with no password. Inow have Windows 10 and can't for the life of me find a way to do this. Is it not available option now in Win 10 ?

I am using Netplwiz method on this Win 10 Home laptop.
It works as it is supposed to.
Never has to enter password. Upon restart, it goes straight to my desktop.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys for the replies. I have tried once following your instructions, but failed. I will give another try tonight and let you know.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys for the replies. I have tried once following your instructions, but failed. I will give another try tonight and let you know.
go to "settings" then Accounts then click on whats show in this pic

Attachments

• no password sign in 2.jpg
    no password sign in 2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 720
Reaction score
You can do that but that kind of defeats the purpose as you wont be able to use/access the full experience of windows.
I agree, you have to decide what you want out of your computer. Take a few seconds to create a login and a few seconds to log on or no long on a less available features.

Reaction score

Use netplwiz to remove password requirement.. Keep in mind it only works if you are using local login not windows login. Go to PC Settings and Accounts to change the login type to local if you are using windows login now. Once you change to local login you can use netplwiz to remove the startup login.

Reaction score
The thread is old. But the Netplwiz works for a Ms login also.

Reaction score
The solution I described is for windows 10. Older versions of windows didn't have the windows login Netplwiz interaction.

Ask a Question