How do I turn off Airplane mode?

Reaction score
For some reason or other, my laptop worked fine wirelessly and suddenly it went into airplane mode. When I go to the airplane mode switch and try to turn it off, it won't turn off but reverts back to "on".

Reaction score
Do a system restore. Pick a date when You were NOT in airplane mode as your restore point.

Reaction score
Do a system restore. Pick a date when You were NOT in airplane mode as your restore point.
For some reason or other, when I open System Restore, I can't seem to get to a previous date. Windows 10 doesn't seem to work like previous versions of Windows. When I try to go to restore, I get an error message as follows: " No restore points have been created on your system's computer drive. To create a restore point open Systems protection." I can't seem to open Systems protection.

By the way, I should have first thanked you for getting back to me so quickly at first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you mean you don't have enough dates to choose from ?
Have you checked the box at bottom left " Show more restore points " ?

System restore works the same as in 8/8.1, 7, and Vista.
I had used all of them.

Reaction score
I don't seem to have any dates. I've used restore points before in Windows 7 but Windows 10 doesn't seem to show me any restore dates. Ugh!

Reaction score
The possible reasons:
1. This is a freshly installed Win 10 and Windows Updates have yet to be installed.
2. You have not created any restore points manually.
3. You have installed a 3rd party AV which prevents creating restore points.
4. You machine is infected.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Perhaps, you should consider running Reset option.
Start > Settings > Update & Recovery > Recovery > Reset.

Reaction score
Perhaps, you should consider running Reset option.
Start > Settings > Update & Recovery > Recovery > Reset.
I appreciate all your help and suggestions. To answer your points above:
1. Windows updates have been installed each time I get the notice.
2. I never knew you had to manually create restore points. Never had to do this with Windows 7 and prior. I'll know better in the future.
3. What's a third party AV?
4. Thought with all the AVG and other programs I have on my computer, I was protected from infections but maybe not.
As far as the Reset option, I looked into this and while it would keep my files it would delete all my apps and the list it gave me was over 40 items. Looked like it would be a week long chore!
Again, thanks.

Reaction score
AV = short for anti-virus program.
Manual create restore point:
Manual creating a restore point is crucial because you want to have a restore point which represents a time where everything was working properly. The only way to ensure that is to create one yourself when the system is in working order.

Sorry I can't help you any further because that's all the ideas I have.

Reaction score
Returning to your original problem.

Try this: First. On your Fn row of keys, you may see a small symbol with a radiating pattern. Ok. Press the Fn key together with that key. If, however, you do not see such a key, use F11, as preference, or F12 if that fails. If you are in luck, the airplane mode should turn off.
What method have you used until now?

Normally, if you click the wireless connection on the right of the taskbar, at the bottom of the pop up windows is the airplane symbol, which you can use to click it on or off.

Ask a Question