SOLVED How to access restore point?

Reaction score
Downloaded Windows 10 during free period all works fine. Established a restore point (apparently) recently. Cannot access since I am advised that I updated more than 10 days ago. How do I access restore point if I need it?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi John,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you press your Windows key + S key together you can then type in the search field: restore

In the search results select Create a restore point

That will open the system properties window, where you can either create a restore point, or access an existing restore point: See image below:

restore.png

Note: In the event System Restore fails here, you can then do the following which in most cases will work provided there is no major corruption of the System Restore files themselves:
  • Left-click on Start then left-click the Settings cog
  • In the Windows Settings app that opens left-click on Update & security
  • Now on the left side select Recovery
  • In the main window below Advanced Startup click the Restart now button
  • This will open the Recovery Environment which is a blue screen. Here click Troubleshoot
  • Now click Advanced options then select System Restore

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Just a heads up!
Re-System Restore. The creator update, disables System Restore if it was enabled on the previous version of Windows 10.

Reaction score
Hi John,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you press your Windows key + S key together you can then type in the search field: restore

In the search results select Create a restore point

That will open the system properties window, where you can either create a restore point, or access an existing restore point: See image below:

View attachment 6737

Note: In the event System Restore fails here, you can then do the following which in most cases will work provided there is no major corruption of the System Restore files themselves:
  • Left-click on Start then left-click the Settings cog
  • In the Windows Settings app that opens left-click on Update & security
  • Now on the left side select Recovery
  • In the main window below Advanced Startup click the Restart now button
  • This will open the Recovery Environment which is a blue screen. Here click Troubleshoot
  • Now click Advanced options then select System Restore

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question